Monday, July 21, 2008

First Family Camping Trip


Clay had a week of vacation, so we decided to go camping. Hannah is probably the youngest baby to ever go camping. She was four months at the time. She did pretty good when it came to hiking. We strapped her on us and she seemed to enjoy the fresh air and nice weather as much as we did.




The night time was a different story alltogether. After the first night we made a new family rule. No camping unless the baby can sleep through the night. We made a little bed for her in our tent, where she eventually fell asleep. Then when she woke up around midnight I brought her to my sleeping bag, bad idea. The sleeping bag was too small for the two of us, so we kept tossing and turning all night. I don't think either of us slept a wink. That made for an extremely tired and CRANKY baby the next day. Our three day two night camping trip turned into two days and one night. I wasn't about to go through another sleepless night.



During our trip we tried to get Hannah to take a nap, so we took her for a car ride. On our adventure we found an old country store, GOATS ON THE ROOF. Funny thing was, there were actually goats living on the roof. It was hilarious! There were two different buildings, and on the roof was some grass for the goats to eat. There was a pen for the goats on the other building. The two roofs were connected by a little goat bridge. It was awesome!

5 comments:

Miranda said...

The goat thing is hilarious. Too funny! Hannah is getting so big. Can't wait to meet her in person and give her lots of kisses and hugs.

John and Brieanne Dabney said...

Great blog! What was inside the building? Goat paraphenalia?

nicki keller said...

Hey it's Nicki. I have one of those extra big sleeping bags that can fit momma and baby when camping. And it's worth the effort to make sure you have extra padding underneath. Both my kiddos have never slept through the night so you just gotta make the best of it when camping. My goal is a tent trailer by next summer!!

Pollock Palooza said...

Ok this time I actually read your blog instead of just looking at the pictures! I LOVE Hannah! She is SO cute and I love the name Hannah too. That was in the running with MacKenzie. I can't believe you took her camping either... I'm too lazy. Grayson, however, was the only one to sleep ALL the way through the night in our tent this year. The girls weren't "up" but they both wanted to sleep right next to me the whole night.

Priamos Family said...

Hi Tiffany- I worked with Clay years ago in Fresno. He directed me to your great blog. You guys have such a cute family- thanks for letting me peek in on it!
~Annaliese

PS- I love the goats on the roof- that is awesome.

My Music